Become a pro and master the art of making a delicious pancake with this easy recipe. All you need is a few simple ingredients and a hearty appetite! Making pancakes only takes a few minutes, and is the perfect treat for any occasion.
Pancakes are an all-time classic and can be made from home or your favourite home-away-from-home!
|Prep time:||10 Minutes|
|#TIP||Don’t have a sweet tooth? Top your pancakes with something savoury like biltong or bacon.|
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 heaped tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 small eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups of milk, at room temperature
- Sunflower oil
- Cinnamon, maple syrup, jam, fruit, chocolate chips, nuts (for a yummy topping)
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together.
- Crack and beat the eggs in another bowl and whisk in the two cups of milk.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and whisk until a thick runny batter is formed.
- Let the mixture rest in the fridge. Set a non-stick frying pan on a medium to high temperature and add ½ a tablespoon of oil to coat.
- Keeping the pan at a good temperature, ladle some of the batter onto the frying pan to make a pancake. After about 30 seconds, bubbles will start to form on the pancake’s surface. Flip the pancake with a spatula and cook for 30 seconds on the second side.
- Transfer the cooked pancake onto a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
7. Top with cinnamon, maple syrup, jam, fruit, chocolate chips or nuts. Whatever tickles your taste buds!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like this Hot Chocolate recipe.
[Recipe adapted from Food and Home